Thursday, December 25, 2014

Testimony

16 Nov 2008
My oldest daughter is 11 now, and I challenged her to bear her testimony in church several weeks ago. She took the challenge, and on fast Sunday in October she bore her testimony. Before she did, she asked me what she should say. I told her to tell how she felt about Jesus.
We walked up together and I bore my testimony first, then it was her turn. She bore the sweetest testimony I have ever heard. She told how much she loved Jesus, how much it meant to her that Jesus died for her. She was crying as we walked back to our seats, and she used my tie to blow her nose on while we walked. That got us a few smiles from the congregation. My only thought at the time was, “It's about time someone thought of something useful to do with a tie!”
Since I wrote last, I earned an MBA degree and learned to play piano and guitar. I left Nu Skin to be the director of an IT department at a yellow pages company and now I am managing a software development team at Young Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment