Thursday, December 25, 2014

Bug Bites

When I was young my parents had a timeshare condo in Park City. Soon after I was married, though, they traded it for a timeshare in Island Park, near Yellowstone. In 2004 we were staying in the condo with them and had planned to visit a place called Virginia City in Montana. It is a sort of ghost town/old west town in Montana. While I was praying the night before we went there I had a strong impression that we should change our plans. So we spent the day in the town of West Yellowstone, and it turned out to be a good thing that we did. My youngest daughter was bitten by a mosquito and her leg was starting to look very red and puffy. We drove her to a clinic in Rexburg where they were able to administer some antibiotic shots. They said if we had waited any longer she might have had to go to the hospital (and the clinic would have been closed by the time we arrived if we had gone to Virginia City that day).
My youngest daughter used to be somewhat prone to infections like that. When she was about 8 months old she got an infection in her leg and spent a week in the hospital. We were told it was cellulitis, whatever that is, and we still don't know what caused it. Our best guess is that it was the result of a spider bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment