Thursday, December 25, 2014

Calling

4 Dec 1995

A few days ago I prayed for a calling, and yesterday I was set apart as 1st Assistant in the Priest's quorum. For the last few weeks I have prayed for peace (which I feel very strongly right now) and when I was set apart, Bishop Thompson blessed me with peace in my life. The Lord does hear and answer prayers. I have been blessed with many opportunities that are helping me to grow spiritually, socially, physically, and mentally. I am also blessed with trials, but I know the Lord loves me and is watching over me closely. Lately I have been hurting but I have found comfort when I pray and spend time near the temple. I have also found comfort and joy in service, and look forward to the many opportunities my new calling willing bring. When I am hurt, I often pray for a solution to my problems. But whenever a solution is not possible, I feel so good inside and full of the love of God, that the problem pales when compared to my joy. Surely my broken heart is being bound up with peace (“A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief”). I feel I should end this entry with my testimony: I know without reservation that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know God loves me, and He hears and answers prayers. I know Joseph Smith restored the true and only Gospel, that of Jesus Christ. I know that God lives and loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment