Thursday, December 25, 2014

Childbirth

My oldest child was born breach. I remember the day my wife found out she had to have a C-section. She was scared to death, mostly because she would have to be awake during the surgery.
When my daughter was delivered I watched the whole surgery and loved every minute of it. At first I was telling my wife everything that was happening, like a sports announcer. But she asked me to stop after a while, she said she didn't really want the play-by-play.
When they pulled my daughter out and I saw her all purple and covered in slime I was absolutely astounded, and tears instantly sprang to my eyes. I followed the doctors from the operating table while they tapped her foot trying to get her to breathe. It was probably only a few seconds but it seemed like an eternity before she took her first breath and started crying. It was one of the most beautiful moments of my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment