Thursday, December 25, 2014

I See You

I see you.
Not the you that everyone else sees,
wrapped in protective layers so thick
even you've forgotten what's underneath.
I see the real you.

I know you.
Better than anyone else ever has
or ever will.
I knew you when you were young,
before you needlessly took the weight of the world
upon your shoulders.

I knew you when you were happy,
when your whole life was in front of you
and nothing could stop you from living your dreams.
I want nothing more than for you to be happy again,
the way you were before.

I know your heart.
Come closer, close your eyes,
listen to my words,
and I will tell you what I see in you.
I see hope. I see faith.
I see love that is stronger than fear.
I want you to believe in yourself
the way I believe in you.

Do not fear the consequences of vulnerability,
for I will not harm you.
The time for running and hiding is past.
The time to open your eyes, see the world as it is,
and love it anyway,
is now.
The time to open your eyes, see yourself as you are,
and love yourself anyway,
is now.

Tear down your walls,
come out of your self-made prison,
and let your light shine.
Listen to the quiet pleadings
of my gentle voice
and remember who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment