Thursday, December 25, 2014

Oquirrh Mountain

25 Aug 2009

On Sunday my wife and I attended a broadcast of the Oquirrh Mountain temple dedication with President Monson. It was the first temple dedication I have ever been to.
I enjoyed it thoroughly - the choir was excellent, the dedicatory prayer inspired, and the hosanna shout uplifting.
I was able to attend the temple open house with my oldest daughter a few weeks ago, when we went as a YM/YW group. It was enjoyable being with her in the temple. She went to the Draper open house but this one was a much better experience – not to crowded, not too big and summer time, so it was warmer than Draper.
Afterwards I took her to P.F. Chang's where we had an enjoyable meal.
At another YM/YW activity, we went to a ranch with a lake and my oldest daughter didn't feel like swimming. So we walked to a cool tree house on the ranch and talked about junior high (which she was starting the next day). We talked about boys, popularity, and other important junior high related topics. For me it was a bonding moment and I think it helped prepare her for the year.
I also gave each of the kids blessings that night to prepare them for the new school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment