Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Caroling

21 Dec 1995
It finally snowed this morning. Right now I am sitting in my car outside because Novell is having a fire drill. Last night I was starting to feel the pain of discouragement, and I made my way to the temple where I was inspired to sing “How Firm a Foundation.” I knew that the Lord was speaking to me through the words of the hymn. He spoke of the happiness and joy that come from putting trust in the Lord, and told me He would never forsake me. After I got home, I read my patriarchal blessing, and near the end it talks about the beauty and joy of the world and that I am blessed to feel that joy in my own soul. God knows exactly what I need, and gives it to me. My soul is filled with gratitude. I love my Heavenly Father with all my heart.
Later that same day: 
I just got back from Christmas caroling with the YM/YW in our ward. I had a wonderful time. Before we left the church to go caroling, one of the new young women's leaders introduced herself, and a few minutes later asked me to sit down by her and her husband. She told me that she could see by my countenance that I was living the gospel and that I was doing a really good job. Wow! I am grateful for people who care enough to compliment/praise others. It really lifted my spirits. It just goes to show that the Lord answers prayers through other people. I love the gospel and am so grateful for my testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment