Thursday, December 25, 2014

Mission Prep

6 Dec 1995

Today was the last day of Brother Ed's mission prep class, marking also my last class with Susan. It was a wonderful experience. It was the first time I have actually been on time to class, and there was a reason for it. We watched “Labor of Love” and afterwards sang “We are as the Armies of Helaman” in tribute to Brother Ed. It was a very spiritually uplifting experience. Afterwards Bro. Ed told us about his 5 daughters singing that song at his son's funeral, and what that song meant to him. He then bore a beautiful and pure testimony, and invited others to do the same, which they did. I have been struggling with discouragement the past few days, and these wonderful people told me exactly what I needed to hear. One after another, they spoke of pain and sorrow in their lives, but that it had somehow been swallowed up in the joy of Christ. After one of the most solemnly sacred testimony meetings I have been privileged to attend, Bro. Ed said a beautiful prayer that touched all our hearts. Also, previously to that, somebody, while bearing her testimony, brought up the question, “What would you do if the Savior came right here, right now?” She answered her own question simply yet powerfully, “I would HIT the floor.”
I am so thankful for the gospel, and the intense joy that I have felt this day. I know God loves me, and He will never abandon me. As I prepare now to read my scriptures, I would like to thank my Heavenly Father for them. I have been given so much, and every gift I receive from the Lord will be used to benefit the lives of others, just as Brother Ed has done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment