Thursday, December 25, 2014

Knee Surgery

12 Jan 2006

Yesterday I had knee surgery to replace my ACL. After coming out of surgery I just felt an overwhelming love for people (probably a side effect of the anesthesia :) ). I was kind to the nurses, talking to them about their names, their plans in life and how they enjoyed their work. I bore my testimony to one of the nurses about the power of the atonement, and about how when I was laying on the floor of the racquetball court enduring more pain than I have ever endured in my life I thought of the quote from Wilford Woodruff about one of the reasons people have trials is to try the foundation upon which they build. I told her how when this ran through my mind I called on God for help and by the time the Orem Rec Center employee arrived the pain had been reduced to a fraction of what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment