Thursday, December 25, 2014

7 Months Old

2 Nov 1997
Well, my daughter turned 7 mos. old today! She now weights 17 lbs., and last week she cut her first tooth. It sure is sharp! Next Tuesday (Nov. 4th) is election day. I had given up on the prospect of voting, since I have been so busy lately, but I felt strongly that I should vote. So I went to the county building at lunch one day and registered. I met someone who gave me some advice on how to get more involved in politics. I am excited to vote, and hope to be much more politically involved next year. I was able to go to the library one night and learn a little about each candidate. I have prayerfully considered who to vote for, and hope I am following the spirit in my decision.
This week has been very eventful at work. We were able to get most of the Finance Department computers upgraded to Desktop 97 (no easy task). It also looks like I may be traveling a little next year at the first of the year (blech!) I hope my wife will be able to support me, even though I may be away from home for a little while.
School is going very well. I am enjoying my classes and learning a lot. I have somehow been able to find time to get my homework done, and have been able to stay caught up.
Today at church we had a wonderful lesson about the martyrdom of Joseph Smith. It was very powerful, and strengthened my testmiony that he as a prophet of God. I also found time today to be with my family quite a bit–-weekends are very nice for that.
I should also mention that I was praying last week, and felt very strongly that my sins had been forgiven. What a wonderful blessing. I feel like I have really turned my life around in the past few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment