Thursday, March 31, 2011

Staying Young

"The excitement of learning separates youth from old age. As long as you're learning, you're not old." -Rosalyn S. Yalow, Nobel Prize winner

Staying young is more about mindset than chronology. A friend of mine recently told me, "I'll never be too old to swing on swings and see pictures in clouds." Those words got me thinking about the kind of person I always want to be, no matter how long I live. I hope I'm never to old ...

... to appreciate a hug, a kind word, or an act of service
... to learn new things
... to believe in fairy tales
... to admit when I'm wrong
... to improve myself
... to appreciate a good book or song
... to lift someone to higher ground
... to remember what is truly important in life
... to give generously from my heart
... to cry when someone I love is going through a difficult time
... to pray
... to hope
... to smile
... to laugh.

Though the year on my birth certificate and the lines on my face may tell a different story, in my heart I will remain forever young.

No comments:

Post a Comment