Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Trees

I have never enjoyed yard work and am terrible when it comes to keeping plants alive, but the one thing I seem to be pretty good at is planting trees (mostly because they take very little effort to keep alive). When we first moved into our home in 2000 there were 3 aspen trees in the front yard and everything else was open space. I grew up surrounded by trees and quickly set about planting a deciduous forest (with one pine tree). Here are a few pics of my house and yard that I took in September:


Box elder tree (back yard) -

The weeping willow in the front yard (this is my favorite tree) -


The trampoline (which I need to put away now that winter is here) -


My shed and woodpile (I offer free firewood to anyone in my neighborhood, and when my neighbors have wood they don't need they often bring it to me) -


My pine tree (and basketball hoop) -


View of the back patio -

Maple tree -

Hibiscus (back yard) -

Front porch and weeping willow -

Front porch -


Front porch from a different angle -

Locust tree (front yard) -

Another locust tree (this one is in the back yard) -

Ash tree (I really like this tree, too) -


Apple tree (maybe next year we will spray for bugs and actually be able to eat the apples :) ) -

My ham radio antenna -

No comments:

Post a Comment