Sunday, November 20, 2011

Breaking Dawn

My wife and I saw Breaking Dawn last night, and I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit that I liked it. I've also read the books and, aside from a few too many descriptions of male beauty, enjoyed them.

In the past we've taken our kids to the Twilight movies, but we were worried that this one might be inappropriate for them. It is, a little, but I told my 14-year-old daughter I would take her to see it when it comes to the theater near our home in a few weeks. The honeymoon scenes lasted a little longer and were a little more suggestive than I would have liked, but at least they were married when those scenes occured (which is more than can be said for most such scenes).

Breaking Dawn has something for everyone: romance, action, suspense, horror (I had to turn away during the "blood" scene). But there were a couple of small moments that stood out to me. One is when Bella hugged her dad and he said to her, "I love you. Always have, always will." I thought it was really sweet. Another is when Jacob imprinted on Renesmee and explained that when you imprint on someone so young, "you'll be anything that person needs: a brother, friend and protector."

I'm looking forward to seeing the second half of this movie when it comes out next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment