Monday, August 15, 2011

Creator

Every day
in every moment
I am a creator

With each step I take
unseen ripples extend outward
impacting the lives of those around me
for good or for ill

I am constantly creating a legacy
that will supersede my fragile existence
and be remembered
for weeks or months or years or millennia
with fondness or indifference or spite
by those I leave behind

My hands are never still
and with them I build monuments
to the values I've chosen to live by

I can work in wood or stone or ink
or the delicate fabric of human souls
adding layered brushstrokes of beauty and tragedy
to the canvas of life

With my breath I can speak kind words
that hang in the air for a moment
but live forever in hearts and memories

With a smile I can create love
where none existed before
With a touch I can create bonds
that outlast my lifetime

But I can also speak words that wound
or use smiles to deceive
or reach out to others in anger
creating destruction instead of substance

I am a creator
and the essence of my character
depends entirely on what I choose to create
every day of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment