Sunday, October 23, 2011

He can fix anything

Sometimes when life brings challenges I find myself wanting to withdraw or run away from the pain. I avoid making sacrifices even when I know I will be blessed for making them because I do not want to hurt. But sometimes the postponement of a sacrifice ends up hurting the ones I love, and though it may at times take far too long for me to do what must be done, I usually make the right decision in the end. Somehow, though perhaps I do not deserve it, I always end up facing the right direction. And then I realize that the pain of sacrifice only exists in the moment of decision, and that following through on that decision is the easy part. Though it may seem like I am free-falling for a brief time, I know God will catch me. I do not need to hide from the pain or build walls to protect myself. I simply need to face my fears with love and faith, knowing with absolute certainty that He can fix anything--even my broken heart.

The sun is rising, and I know I'll heal and be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment